From: "Alexander Holler" <holler@ahsoftware.de>
To: "Jeff Johnston" <jjohnstn@redhat.com>
Cc: newlib@sourceware.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:20:02 AM
Subject: Re: Bug compiling the C version of  memset with gcc -O3

Am 10.12.2013 01:04, schrieb Jeff Johnston:
> I have modified your patch to include the missing configuration stuff.
> I also moved things out of the user name space.
>
> Can you please try it out to verify I haven't missed anything?

Looks like a monday morning patch. ;)
The patch doesn't apply cleanly to the tarball of newlib 2.0 and
contained two errors.

First, local.h isn't included, second in local.h the following can be found:

/:
     Taken from glibc:
     Add the compiler optimization to inhibit loop transformation to library
     calls.  This is used to avoid recursive calls in memset and memmove
     default implementations.
*/

I've fixed all that in the attached updated version of the patch.

Thanks for adding the configure stuff, I had lost the motivation to do
that myself because autoreconf insisted here on some version of autoconf
I haven't installed. ;)

Regards,

Alexander Holler