Re: How to implement qsort_r

> The implementation is pretty simple either way, so, yes, we could
> implement both and let the header provide both as well along the lines
> of strerror_r.
>
> Alternatively, are there any known efforts to standarize the API?
> Eric, any word from the Austin group in terms of qsort_r?

No one has asked about it before; I can ask, but suspect that since
there is a difference in existing implementation, it would be easier for
POSIX to standardize a different function name than qsort_r than to pick
sides on which signature to standardize.

My personal preference is the glibc style (the opaque argument last in
both qsort_r and the comparator), not the BSD style (the opaque argument
first in both calls),  This is because POSIX already has other
standardized functions in the glibc style (pthread_cleanup_push,
pthread_create), and none in the BSD styloe.