Re: How to resolve hiccups by patch program?

Need to see the file it's being applied to. Commonly a reject will be
because the file the patch was made against is not the same as the file
the patch is applied to.

Advanced matching algorithms (fuzz factor ...) are used by the patch program. I wonder why my updates should not fit in this case.

No -- you just need to create a clean patch in the first place, i.e. one
that applies directly to the same file the developer is using. :-)

Do you know any other recommended tools to perform special consistency checks on my side before I submit patches from the tool that I trusted so far?
I do not see from the example reject file which lines were considered as unclean and were the reason for the unexpected rejection. Can I convince the patch program to accept the "suspicious" lines in a second run?

It sounds like the tool you're using is generating the patch against a
different revision that you intend.

I do not expect such a mismatch from the current TortoiseSVN software. The generated patch file contains appropriate revision informations. Do I overlook anything from my viewpoint?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subversion

Regards,
Markus