Can I run pthread on win95?

Micha&lstrok Micha&lstrok
Sat Sep 25 05:59:00 GMT 1999

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Ross Johnson wrote:

> > I've no problems with running it with Windows NT && cygwin-b20.
> > But.. the same program compiled under Windows 95 with cygwin-b19 doesn't
> > work at all. So... is there a chance to run it with W95??
>
> What happens when you run the executable built under WNT on W95?
> Ditto for the W95 built program running on WNT?

Ough, thanx! My problem was different, but this question solved my
problem (in some way)! 8-)  When I run on w95 my programm built under WNT
(with cygwin-b20) everything seems to be alright. But.. still, the program
built under w95 doesn't work (it crashes while loading or initializing
pthreads.dll I think - it crashes EVEN if I do not call any function from
pthreads library. It crashes when I link it with libpthreads32.a

> The pthreads-win32 should not be causing problems under W95, but the
> library has not been tested with cygwin, only MSVC and Mingw32.

So.. as I see.. using pthreads32 with cygwin is on my own responsibility
:)

> - build libpthread32.a under W98 using Mingw32, then build and run
>   the tests using Mingw32 on W98 using this libpthread32.a and the
>   WNT/MSVC generated DLL.
But I still may use W95 instead of W98 I hope?

--
Szumek@mud.pl <-> Studnia Dusz < telnet://studnia.mud.pl:4000/ >
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is _too_ a word!