Re: debug versions of DLLs

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Maureen Byrne wrote:

> Hi All,
> I down loaded the source from ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/pthreads-win32/
> to try to build the debug version of the pthread.dll. But, there are no
> __declspec(dllexport) in any of the header files...with the result on
> pthread.lib was generated.
>
> How do I generate the debug pthread.dll and pthread.lib ?

I'm probably going to show my complete ignorance here so please feel
free to correct me. I'm not a regular Windows application developer
and am really guessing here, but, does __declspec(dllexport) do the
same job as the .def file? If so, Maureen, did you build the library
with the /def:pthread.def option?

To build the dll and lib files I use the buildlib.bat file included
with the source code. The /Zi debugging info option is already
included when I build the library for upload but I've never used the
debugger so can't say that it should work. The reason I haven't used
it is because I build the library over a text-only telnet connection
to a remote NT box.

I suspect this is not very helpful, so if someone else can provide
some clarity please do.

Ross

| Ross Johnson         |   | E-Mail: rpj@ise.canberra.edu.au
| Info Sciences and Eng|___|
| University of Canberra   | FAX:    +61 6 2015227
| PO Box 1                 |
| Belconnen  ACT    2616   | WWW:    http://willow.canberra.edu.au/~rpj/
| AUSTRALIA                |