Re: debug versions of DLLs

Ross Johnson writes:

> I'm probably going to show my complete ignorance here so please feel
> free to correct me. I'm not a regular Windows application developer
> and am really guessing here, but, does __declspec(dllexport) do the
> same job as the .def file? If so, Maureen, did you build the library
> with the /def:pthread.def option?

This tells me that I'm even more ignorant than Ross.  (-:

> To build the dll and lib files I use the buildlib.bat file included
> with the source code. The /Zi debugging info option is already
> included when I build the library for upload but I've never used the
> debugger so can't say that it should work. The reason I haven't used
> it is because I build the library over a text-only telnet connection
> to a remote NT box.
>
> I suspect this is not very helpful, so if someone else can provide
> some clarity please do.

I'm using the buildlib.bat too.  I was able to invoke the MS VC++ 6.x
debugger when my program died, and I was able to step into the
pthreads code when I wanted to.

(the reason why the program died was entirely my fault, not the fault
of this excellent pthreads implementation)

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark (kclark@cabletron.com)          Give me a decent UNIX
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                      and I can move the world