Re: Any pthreads progress?

Hi all,

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Lorin Hochstein wrote:

> Has there been any progress in the win32-pthreads implementation
> recently? I reported some bugs over a month ago (one involving
> pthread_cond_broadcast when a thread has been cancelled, and another
> about cleanup functions not being called when a thread calls
> pthread_exit()), and aside from an acknowledgement that the bugs do
> indeed exist, there has been no indication that the library is
> progressing. Is it still being worked on?

I apologise for the delay in getting a new version out. The patches
and suggested fixes were applied weeks ago but work, other
interests, and the usual winter illnesses have distracted me from
finishing the job and fixing a failed test in tests/exit1.c.

[
The problem still to be fixed is that the new pthread_exit raises an
exception which, for secondary threads, is caught inside
_pthread_threadStart. The test calls pthread_exit() from the main
thread, which results in an unhandled exception.

To fix it I believe I need to get pthread_exit to check that the
calling thread was started through _pthread_threadStart, and resort
to the old behaviour if not.
]

Ross