Re: cancelling

Thomas Sailer wrote:

> The code currently seems to support three mechanisms:
>
> if _MSC_VER is defined, it seems to be using SEH.
>
> otherwise, if __cplusplus is defined, it seems to
> be using C++ EH.
>
> otherwise, it just starts the thread without any
> exception handling.
>
> Now the question is how the precompiled
> DLL on the net was compiled.

The precompiled DLL was built using MSVC and is using SEH.
The C++ EH is in there to support building the library
with the GNU compilers. The third option (ie. build with C
and no EH) perhaps shouldn't be there, although, provided
people are aware of the limitations could be useful to
someone.

Side note: the EH within the DLL should be self-contained
such that an application which uses the library can be
built as standard C without EH and not run into trouble.
At least that is what I've been assuming. I could be wrong.

Ross