RE: pthread_init_mutex problem

Hi

In general, sync primitives as data structures aren't really meant to be
transient.  A high cost at init time is not uncommon.  In terms of
protecting data that is transient, perhaps a scheme for reusing the
data structures would be in order.  Something like maintaining a linklist,
or, even better, per-thread linklists on a TLS key.  Of course, this assumes
near-identical produce and consume rates.