Need help with some seeming race conditions

I'm working on a thread pool with a tasking queuing mechanism. I have code
that I need someone to look at and help me figure out
what I am doing wrong. I need to guarantee that all tasks are completed
before program exit. So I'm joining at the end, and synchronously completing
any tasks in the queue that are not complete. For some reason I'm locking up
at the joins...

Here is the code, if anyone could please take a look I'd really appreciate
it. Also, just for grins, I'm using Mingw and the windows threadding right
now, I'm also going to port this to pthreads on win32 and solaris once I get
this working.

Thanks in advance...

Joel

 <<Schuster, Joel (N-Compaq).vcf>>  <<threads.zip>>