Re: Cancellation points

Hi Simon,

Sleep() [with uppercase 'S'] is definitely not a cancelation point - only functions included with pthreads-win32 can be cancelation points. The POSIX function sleep() isn't provided by pthreads-win32 either.

See the Conformance section of the ANNOUNCE file for all functions that have been implemented. Any of those that should be cancelation points are.

Re pthread_mutex_lock(), Thomas Pfaff discovered this bug only a few days ago and tracked it down (to an error of mine). I will fix it and drop it into CVS ASAP.

Thanks.
Ross

Simon Gerblich wrote:
Hi,

I'm having some problems working out which functions are cancellation points
when using
pthread_cancel() with pthread_setcanceltype(PTHREAD_CANCEL_DEFERRED, NULL).
I'm using pthreadsVC.dll on Windows 2000.

Is Sleep() meant to be a cancellation point in WIN32? I've read in the
Solaris reference
manual that sleep() and usleep() are cancellation points for pthreads on
Solaris, but can
not find a list of cancellation points for pthreads on WIN32.

Also pthread_mutex_lock() is acting as a cancellation point in my code. I
have to put
pthread_setcancelstate(PTHREAD_CANCEL_DISABLE, NULL) before my
calls to pthread_mutex_lock to stop it acting as a cancellation point. If
the thread
cancellation occurs in a call to pthread_mutex_lock(), the mutex that was
being locked
returns EBUSY when destroyed with pthread_mutex_destroy(). Has anyone else
seen this happen?
Thanks for any help,
Simon Gerblich