Re: LGPL and a proprietary application

Hello Jay,

ru linking to this LGPL library statically or dynamically...??
if statically linked ,then u should make only that of the ur src code open ,so that , changes in LGPL can
be done effectively.
On other hand ,if it dynamically linked,then u don't have to worry about ur src code to be made open.

hope this helps
vinaya

Turner, Jay wrote:

In reading the LGPL for pthreads-win32 I find I am confused. My application is company proprietary and one reading says that an application that "uses the library" does not itself fall under the LGPL. Another reading says that it does (mainly because it uses pthread.h and semaphore.h).

Can I link to pthreads-win32 in my application without the license requiring that I provide my source or object code to my customers?

Is there anything that my legal department would accept that would confirm this?

Thanks, Jay