Re: memory leak??

Arnett, Don L. schrieb:
I'm new to using pthreadsWin32. According to the TaskMgr display this program is using about 28K more memory at the second getchar() than it was at the first getchar(). I found a couple of discussions of memory leaks in the list archives and it usually was a programmer problem, but I don't see what I'm missing. Thanks for any input.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <pthread.h>

void *pvDoSomething(void *poThreadArgs);

int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {

pthread_t *poThread;

getchar();

	poThread = (pthread_t*)calloc(1,sizeof(pthread_t));
	pthread_create(poThread,NULL,pvDoSomething,NULL);
	pthread_detach(*poThread);

	free(poThread);

getchar();

	return 0;
}

void *pvDoSomething(void *poThreadArgs) {
	return NULL;
}

The created thread does not necessarily run and exit immidiately.
It might still exist when you reach the second getchar().