pthread library static linking

hello,

i'am new here so one question is allowed-:)
I want to use pthread-win32 not as a dll. I want
to link the pthread-win32 functionality static
to my application just to make distribution of that
application easier.
So that is quite easy to get, but there are the DllMain.
In DllMain you use the DLL_THREAD_ATTACH/DLL_THREAD_DETACH.
These prevents to use your lib static linked. Not technical
but functional. The DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH/DETACH is simple to
simulate infact I will call it on startup and end of my
application direct. The thread stuff is more complex i have to
change the thread create and thread exit code of your library.
My basic question is why you choose this solution with
DllMain. The pthread library is a wrapper around the
windows functions so it would be obvious to add the needed
initialisation for the create and exit directly.
Why is this done with DllMain?

Thanks in advance

meno