Re: VCE test failed under Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003

Hi,

Thanks for the test suite patches re Intel C++ 8.1.

VCE test failure is a known problem for VC6.0 and VC7.0. I will add
VS .NET 2003 to the list. See the BUGS file for more on this, but note
that the workaround described there doesn't work with recent snapshots,
although please try it if you have the time - it may provide clues.

As far as anyone can tell, this isn't a problem in the library, but is
assumed to be a problem in the VC++ compiler series related to exception
frame unwinding, and possibly also related to optimisation levels. Try
tracing the exception and it simply seems to disappear.

The GCE version tests pass, which supports the view that it's not a bug
in the library. Did the Intel C++ 8.1 version pass?

It is generally recommended, for POSIX portability, that people use the
VC version rather than VCE version of the pthread dll - even for C++
applications. See the README file and FAQ file for discussion on this.

Regards.
Ross