static link last build issue & question

Hello. I guess you have much more important issues to solve
in PTW32, but may I remind of one small alteration, which
seem to be not spotted in my preceding post?

When linking statically, <dll.c> must not be included in
<pthread.c> since it is possible you to build a DLL which
you want to be statically linked to PTW32, in which case
your DllMain() will conflict with the PTW32's DllMain().
So, in <pthread.c>, instead of:

#include "dll.c"

the code must be:

#ifndef PTW32_STATIC_LIB
#include "dll.c"
#endif

This will avoid link-time error I mentioned above.
(Note that the static link method I use is to include
<pthread.c> in my project or in the Makefile so that it
will be built with the PTW32_STATIC_LIB macro being
defined, and the object file -- included in the final
link.)

And, because of the obscurity of the statement
[pthread_win32_thread_attach_np() is currently a no-op, but
thread_win32_thread_detach_np() is needed to clean up the
implicit pthread handle that is allocated to a Win32 thread
if it calls certain pthreads routines] (found in
README.NONPORTABLE), I have the following questions:

Can we be supplied with a list of those routines, calling of
which will make it compulsory for the WIN32 thread to call
"pthread_win32_thread_detach_np()" when it exits? And, if
not, is it safe always to call
"pthread_win32_thread_detach_np()" even if no PTW32 API is
used in it?

Thank you.

-
Dimitar Panayotov