RE: patch for sched_yield()

Sorry, but I do not believe this patch is thread safe...

You have used a static variable (i.e. read a private global variable) declared within the function but did not provide any locking strategy around the initial assignment. On a true multi-processor machine where multiple threads call sched_yield() at precisely the same time, you may end up with garbage in the variable.

1) there may be a race condition to actually assign the initial value of the variable,
   depending on how the compiler generates the assignment to zero. If it is deferred
   until the method is actually called, then it would have generated a hidden test
   to see if this is the first time the method is called in order to perform the
   assignment once. This "hidden" test is not thread safe, if generated.

   Recommendation: move the static to the global scope so that the code generation
                   is performed either when the object file was compiled, or when
                   the code is initially loaded, but before user functions are declared.

2) Your test for zero should be followed by a lock to protect the variable and then
   re-test for zero and then perform the assignment.

	i.e.)
		if( variable == 0 ){
			LOCK( m );
			if( variable == 0 ){