Re: Problem with 100% CPU and fan running

Hello Nick,

Any reason to suspect the pthreads-win32 library especially? Generally it's designed not to cause continuous CPU load (with one exception on SMP machines being pthread_spin_lock, but which is intended only for very short duration locks).

Have you reported this to the VRP developers?

Regards.
Ross

nickfox wrote:
I'm running a demo I found on sourceforge:

http://vrp.sourceforge.net/

and when I first start up the demo, the fan on my XP service pack 3 machine
starts running. When I run the app, the CPU pegs to 100%. The demo is using
pthreads.

Is there a way to keep this from happening?

thanks
Nick