Re: strange pthread_create cap

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I managed to figure out what was wrong, and will post this here in case some else manages to do the same rookie mistake in the future.

The root of the problem was that I was compiling with a memory management library. This, in turn, caused the whole non-paged pool available for my application to be allocated within the first few calls (and I suspect didn't fully release the sockets either) - actually starting threads made this obvious (simply opening/closing sockets doesn't).

I had initially dismissed the memory management library as a cause because when compiling without it I still saw random test failures - so I assumed (wrongly) that there must be something I was missing in the sockets. However, while trying to figure out what resources I did not release, I fixed the bug which caused the tests to fail - so now when I do a simple compile, everything works as it should (and all the tests pass, which is a bonus!).

Laura