Re: RHDB License

Hi Chris,

Can you elaborate on this:

Chris Watson wrote:
(snip)
The GPL kills our ability to commercially develop with RHDB.
People have been using GNU GCC and related tools to develop commercial
applications for ages.

The GPL would only affect you if you were planning to modify
PostgreSQL itself to add some feature to it, new types etc.  And you
still could do that, as long as you made your modifications
available as well (source code etc.).

But note that the PostgreSQL backend part of RHDB is still under the
original license and that we have been contributing all improvements
we make to it under the same license terms back to the community.

The only GPL'ed RHDB parts that come to my mind are the GUI tools,
like the RHDB Admin and the Visual Explain ones.  This should not affect
any commercial development.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Fernando