Re: rhdb-explain can't locate java

Daniel Wan wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> When I execute command rhdb-explain &
> It promit unable to find a java executable
> but I had already install jre-1.3.1_06.i586.rpm
> and checked it install to /usr/java/jre1.3.1_06/bin/java
> How come rhdb can't locate it??
>
> Please help
> Thankyou very much
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Is the java executable in your path or the JAVA_HOME environment
variable set? You will need to have the java executable in your path in
order to start rhdb-explain. Since different user can have different JRE

installed on their machine, their java executable may be at different
location, the user need to specify where the java executable is.

You'll also need to make sure that your PostgreSQL JDBC driver
is in the proper location, for more information, pleaser refer to:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/database/RHDB-2.1-Manual/guitools/x100.html#AEN179

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Permaine