Re: FW: Clustering

John,

One solution to your situation is replication.  There is the rserv
contrib package in the PostgreSQL distro which may be of help (but
we have never used it).  Check the PostgreSQL techdocs site for more
information on replication solutions.

I'm still working on roll-forward recovery but have not be able
to allocate as much time as I would like (and need).  When it's
available, it will be another valid solution to your problem.

Cheers,
Patrick

John Allgood wrote:

-----Original Message----- From: John Allgood [mailto:john@turbocorp.com] Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 5:00 PM To: rhdb@sources.redhat Subject: Clustering

Hello We are currently porting our database application to Postgres Redhat Edition. My question is what options are available to me to have a fail over machine. Does the database work with clustering technologies or is there something build into to Postgres that will give me that functionality. I am patiently waiting on roll-forward recovery.

Thanks

John R. Allgood - Systems Admin
Enhanced Solutions Computing
2251 Old Cornelia Hwy.