From: rhdb-owner@sources.redhat.com [mailto:rhdb-owner@sources.redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Fernando Nasser
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 1:46 PM
To: David Jee
Cc: John Allgood; rhdb@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Java Problems

rhdb-cc requires the 'postgres' user password (it should accept the root password as well).

You must 'su -' to become root and then assign a password to the postgres
user with 'passwd postgres'.

I tried that still reports unable to find java executable. I already checked
permission

When I run which java it gives me
/usr/java/j2re1.4.1_06/bin/java

Thats exactly what I have done. Here is my env for root. As you can see JAVA_HOME is set and the path and CLASSPATH is set.

Any Ideas.

PATH=/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/java/j2re1.4.1_06/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin
INPUTRC=/etc/inputrc
PWD=/root
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.1_06
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LAMHELPFILE=/etc/lam/lam-helpfile
SSH_ASKPASS=/usr/libexec/openssh/gnome-ssh-askpass
SHLVL=1
HOME=/root
XPVM_ROOT=/usr/share/pvm3/xpvm
BASH_ENV=/root/.bashrc
LOGNAME=root
CLASSPATH=/usr/share/java/postgresql.jar
LESSOPEN=|/usr/bin/lesspipe.sh %s
DISPLAY=:0