Re: import text files

rich o wrote:
I want to import a text file into a database and I notice that under the drop-down list when I right click the database I don't see the import or export commands listed. Am I missing something or did I install something wrong.

The Tcl version had import/export commands. Due to a Java restriction we had to remove those funtions for now.

We haven't decided if we are going to find a way to make this work by means of an external process, or even if we will add it to our Visual PSQL tool. It may happen that it will only be available on the RHAPS version as we can use some EJBs in that environment.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We hated having to remove it but it had no time to come up with something in time for the release.

Fortunately the COPY TO and COPY FROM SQL commands are easy to use and the psql command line tool has a command to help with that as well, if I remember correctly.

Regards,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser