rhdb-explain, rhdb-admin, rhdb-cc "Unable to find a java executable" - FOR INFORMATION ONLY, NO NEED FOR REPLIES

With my sincere thanks to Fernando Nasser and Kim Ho, without whom I'd be
floundering still, I post here the information I used to get things running
when I got errors "Unable to find a java executable" error running
rhdb-explain, rhdb-admin, and rhdb-admin.

No reply is needed, this is just for information for anyone else looking for
this information whilst searching the archives.

Note that this solution was deployed on RH9 using Sun Java j2re1.4.2.  If
you use a different Java this will probably not work.  Each Java places
things in different places.

I hope this is of use to someone else, and, again, thanks Fernando and Kim.

Extract:
James Beale wrote:
> Hi again
>
> Thanks very much for the pointers.  I've added all the info thus:
>
> 1 - Edit /<userhomedirectory>/.bash_profile, and ensure it reads:
>  JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_04
>  PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH:$HOME/bin
>  BASH_ENV=$HOME/.bashrc
>  USERNAME="root"
>  export USERNAME BASH_ENV PATH
>  CLASSPATH=/usr/share/java/rh-postgresql3.jar
>  export CLASSPATH
>
> 2 - Edit the file /usr/share/rhdb-cc/rhdb-cc.sh file, adding the line if
> needed.
>  JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_04

James M Beale MBCS CITP
Lud Castle (Computing) Ltd