rhug status

Alex asked me to summarize where we are, and what needs to still be done...

* Everything _should_ build out of the box with the latest gcj
tools/libraries.  I was twiddling with dependencies recently, and just fixed a
bug Per found.

* xsltp/xsltc from Xalan work nicely.

* `make check' needs to be implemented where appropriate.

* Tomcat runs once you copy the webapps directory in the right place. (and
`make install' needs to be finished for this)

* Not all of the servlets run properly (the last two examples - session and
cookie).  This needs to be debugged.

* JSP doesn't work yet.  I've introduced a stub for GnuCompiler.java.  It
needs to generate a shared library.

Those are the critical items.

Tomcat 4 was just released.  Upgrading would also be nice - but it seems like
we're so close with 3.2.3, let's just figure out the JSP bits and get the rest
of the example Servlets working.

libgcj needs SSL support for secure communications.  I started implementing
the pure java bits a couple of months ago.  I figure the smart thing to do is
simply wrap up OpenSSL.

Per suggested building all of the .java files in one compile line for each
library.  This seems like a good idea, although I don't know how it would
interact with libtool.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AG