Re: OT: Apache POI Native Library using GCJ

On 16 Nov 2002, Tom Tromey wrote:

> TJ> I had to compile FormulaParser.java, POIFSViewEngine.java, and
> TJ> HexRead.java to *.class using GCJ, because I got a "bad pc in
> TJ> exception_table" if I tried to compile the JDK *.class to *.so
> TJ> using GCJ.
>
> I believe Andrew fixed this bug in the trunk gcj.

Yep, the bad pc in exception_table seems to be fixed in GCJ CVS.

> TJ> Also note that *.java -> *.class using GCJ doesn't work for some
> TJ> *.java files.
>
> Please submit gcj PRs for this.  Especially good would be a small test
> case that shows the problem.

There are two issues with GCJ 3.2, #8457 (submitted by Martin Aliger),
and the "bad pc in exception_table" which has since been fixed.  I tried
running against GCJ 3.3 20021120, and #8457 was still a problem, and there
seems to be a problem with CNI Invocation of Java code from C++ see PR
#8685.  So the example on the web site seems to be broken on 3.3 20021120:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcj/Invocation.html

-TJ