Re: experimental release of linuxdoc-tools (based on sgml-tools 1.0.9)

Taketoshi Sano <sano@debian.org> writes:

> I think "sgml-tools" should mean the work provided by Cees,
> and it has been v2, the tools for DocBook.

I don't think so.
sgml-tools is something that works with SGML and not with one or two
specific DTDs (that's what LinuxDoc and DocBook are). You changing the
command name now will cause more trouble, IMHO... What we need is to
have a tool that can work with both DTDs that we are using. If it can
work with others (such as TEI and others), then we can call it a SGML
tool. Otherwise it will be "some DTDs-tool"...

> I am afraid that if I release the new "sgml-tools" 1.0.10,
> or newer version, then users / writers will get into more
> confusion. The bug-fixed version of sgml-tools v1, will
> keep to be the tools for LinuxDoc DTD, so Linuxdoc-Tools
> are better name for it to avoid the confusion, I think.
>
> But if you, Adam, or Cees, advise me to use the name of
> "SGML-Tools-V1", then I will follow you.
> Please let me know how I should do.

I think you should use this name.

Are SGML-Tools-V1 being improved or is it just getting some bug
fixes??? I think that a branch in development would be prejudicial
now.

--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.