Re: Output Redesign in SystemTap Runtime

Hi -

> The current hastily-implemented output format in the runtime is
> inadequate.  I have come to the conclusion that we need to have
> tagged data in the output stream for the kernel-to-userspace
> transport.  [...]

Along with any such proposals, please supply hypothetical script code
that would use such a system, since of course the runtime does not
operate in isolation.  For example, do you imagine requiring distinct
function calls to add various types of tags?  How do you imagine
"register" and "stack" values/types being generated, passed,
processed?