Re: Output Redesign in SystemTap Runtime

> You must solve the transport layer's problems in a way that it is not
> sensitive to the content of the strings/numbers being sent through it.
> For example, the transport layer must tolerate a user happening to
>
> Does this make my concern more clear?

Yes.  I did combine two different things under my "output redesign"
document.  However they are (almost entirely) orthogonal issues. The
transport does not care at all about the format of the data, except when
it comes to reconstructing a timeline from the per-cpu data files.  Then
it is necessary we have timestamps embedded in the streams.  It just
makes sense to have them use the same xml syntax that higher-level
objects will be using.

Martin