Re: instrumenting vs. module loading

Lynch, Rusty wrote:

Another idea could be that when we register a kprobe, we check to see if
the address space is in the module address space.  If it is then add a
dependency on that module, and then release that dependency after the
kprobe is removed.  This would make the module unloader refuse to unload
the module while we have it instrumented (like if you try to unload your
network driver while your network is up.)

--rusty

Or loading a dummy module on demand that depends on the kprobes module.
That would have the same effect as Rusty indicated without modify kprobes.

Hien.