Re: Kprobes support for IA64

Keshavamurthy, Anil S wrote:

Hi Anil,

Hi All,
	I have posted the Kprobes support for IA64 to Andrew for
inclusion into
his mm tree and cc'ing systemtap, linux-ia64 and linux-kernel mailing
list. For some reason it is not showing up on systemtap mailing list. So
though of letting people on this mailing list know about the same.

Here is the link to the patches which has been posted.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=111686392713936&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=111686371307789&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=111686420206738&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=111686392701700&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=111686420210427&w=2

Any feedback/comments/testing are welcome.

Great job! I noticed one minor thing with the port though - you don't seem to have defined JPROBE_ENTRY for ia64.

I worked with Prarit Bhargava (SGI) today to show the usage of kprobes/jprobes on ia64. Everything worked fine, except for a consistent:

-bash: child setpgid (xxx to xxx): No such process
^^^ ^^^ pids of bash
message during rmmod of a jprobe module. Not sure why this message comes up though. The machine we were testing on was a 16-way Altix box I think.

Ananth