Re: runtime status

> - There are now register dump functions.  See current.c.  I'm interested
> in feedback on the format of the dump, if we have any assembly programmers.

The output seen from show_regs/show_registers is probably what most people
(that is, Linux kernel hackers) will expect.  As someone who deals with
such output all the time myself, all I care about is that all the registers
are there and that it's always clear what's in hex and what's in decimal.
(Your example is fine where it's clear that everything is in hex without 0x.)

Using print_symbol for the PC is nice for humans, though probably redundant
and a waste of CPU if the dump will be digested by a program.

> - I've reimplemented the _stp_map_print() function to use
> a custom format string. Special sequences start with '%'
> If the next char is a number, it is a key number. The next char is the
> format.

People might find it less surprising if you use the syntax %2$d to mean %d
format of key number 2.  In userland printf, that's what means %d format of
the 2nd positional argument.

Thanks,
Roland