Re: Interesting reading regarding dtrace, aggregation and buffers...

Hi -

At some point, we may switch to a more elaborate aggregation strategy
than the one currently resident in the runtime.  Indeed, having
write-only aggregation objects (arrays or scalars) gives us
considerable implementation flexibility.  The systemtap script
language tries to impose the same sorts of restrictions, though at
least one aspect of syntax is still open: <tinyurl.com/8kgau>

When/if it turns out that keeping all the indexes of a aggregate array
in memory (our current practice) is a problem, let's investigate the
matter.