ARM port; first results

Hi all,
since I am new to this list. I just want to introduce me shortly. My name
is Wolfram I am software engineer and working most of my time for embedded
software stuff.

Some month ago I started a port of kprobes to ARM. Because of some
priority shifting I am currently not working on the ARM port anymore.
Since there seem to be some interest in an ARM port of kprobes I will post
my first results althogh they are not complete.

What's working:
 - register/unregister a kprobe (tested on an Sgold processor)
 - fire pre-, fault- and posthandler.

What's not working:
 - Cleanup of registers and stack if the probed instruction is a
   branch or so ... (I have some starting points on my HDD if someone is
interessted in send me a mail)
 - Thumb mode is not supported
 - Java mode is not supported

The patch is against a kernel 2.6.9 however not a vanilla one since there
is no sgold support in the mainstream kernel. But I think if there are
dependencies to Sgold they can be easily fixed. I looked over the patch
and I didn't see something in the first glance.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Wolfram

--
Dipl.-Ing.
Wolfram Gettert

Software Engineer Embedded Systems

Mixed Mode GmbH
Wolfram dot Gettert at mixed-mode dot de    http://www.mixed-mode.de

Mixed Mode - Your Partner for Systems Engineering!