Re: more transport questions

Hi -

hunt wrote:

> [...]  What I would like to do is have each probed function that
> outputs anything do _stp_entry() at the start.  [...]  Does this
> make sense and is it too dosruptive to make such a change at this
> date?

Putting in calls to arbitrary functions just before and just after a
probe handler is easy.

It would be most straightforward for the translator to call an entry &
exit function unconditionally, that is regardless of whether a probe
handler contains any actual trace/print calls.  In this case, the
runtime code may have to make some extra effort to optimize the "null"
case where a probe handler has no trace/print calls.