Re: Runtime probes to load module parameters

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

Hien Nguyen <hien@us.ibm.com> writes:

- execl("/sbin/insmod", "insmod", modname, buf, NULL);
+ char cmd[2048];
+ sprintf(cmd, "/sbin/insmod %s %s", modname, buf);
+ execl("/bin/sh", "sh", "-c", cmd, NULL); [...]

I don't think systemtap would have any use for this option. Regardless, it would be nice to stay away from something as insecure as system() (or its equivalent being used here) for those extra args.

- FChE

Yes, I don't expect systemtap would use this option. This is intended for the probe that is written as a module without using systemtap but using the runtime (see probes directory under runtime). And the change is as insecure as what it was in the runtime before :-)

Hien.