Re: getting systemtap installed from development repository

> Some people have had problems installing the systemtap rpm in FC4 due to
> the new and improved elfutils really being in the development branch of
> the repository rather than the FC4 branch of the repository.

What rpm are you talking about?  The rawhide rpms are not fit for
installing on a non-rawhide system, of course.  That's why I set us up to
make FC-4 rpms as well.  We can distribute those if people want them.

> Below is the magic yum command to point yum at the appropriate place:
>
> # yum --enablerepo=development install systemtap
>
> This is more likely to give people more success in installing the
> systemtap rpm. Give it a try and report success (or failure) with this.

This is a good way to update half your system to rawhide without trying.
Noone should do this unless they know all about yum and what might happen.