outside conversations

Hi -

It looks like the OLS paper, and another IBM marketing paper, has
aroused some interest and criticism of systemtap in the weblog world,
especially among Solaris developers and fans.  Too much fuss really.
dtrace is an excellent tool from what I gather.  Sun has had many fine
engineers and lots of time, plus older research projects to start
from.

Considering that systemtap was conceived of just a few months ago and
is being built by only a handful of people, we have come quite far.
Let's simply concentrate on building out our system, whose design I
still think is well grounded.  People will see for themselves its
actual capabilities rather than from iffy chitchat on the web.