required debug info for non-RHEL kernels

The following code works on a lab machine x86 using RHEL4U2b3 and latest SystemTap src:

[root@elm3b99 2.6.9-16.EL-smp-i686]# rpm -qa |grep kernel
kernel-smp-devel-2.6.9-16.EL
kernel-devel-2.6.9-16.EL
kernel-doc-2.6.9-16.EL
kernel-debuginfo-2.6.9-16.EL
kernel-smp-2.6.9-16.EL
kernel-2.6.9-16.EL
kernel-utils-2.4-13.1.69
kernel-hugemem-devel-2.6.9-16.EL
[root@elm3b99 2.6.9-16.EL-smp-i686]#cat /home/krstaffo/sys_open.stp
probe kernel.statement("filp_open@fs/open.c")
{
log($filename);
}
---
However the same script fails when running 2.6.13-rc5 from kernel.org on FC4, with the latest elfutils and SystemTap build:

[root@src]# ./stap -vg testsuite/mytests/sys_open.stp
Created temporary directory "/tmp/stap5rhIW3"
Pass 1: parsed user script and 4 library script(s).
registering probe alias kernel.syscall.sys_time
semantic error: no match for probe point family
while: resolving probe point kernel.statement("filp_open@fs/open.c")
Pass 2: analyzed user script. 0 probe(s), 0 function(s), 0 global(s).
Pass 2: analysis failed. Try again with '-v' (verbose) option.
Running /bin/rm -rf /tmp/stap5rhIW3
---
This leads me to suspect it is a debug-info problem. I compiled the kernel with 'make menuconfig' and from the main menu selected Kernel Hacking -> Compile the kernel with debug info [y]. I then placed vmlinux-2.6.13-rc5 in /boot. Is this enough debug-info for SystemTap use or are there other special options that must be properly configured in the kernel?

--
Kevin Stafford
DES 2 | MS 2M3