Re: [RFC 0/3] Kprobes: support for userspace probes

On 9/14/05, Prasanna S Panchamukhi <prasanna@in.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Please find the details of the userspace probes below.
> Also I have tried to implement the same to demonistrate
> this design, in 3 patches for linux kernel version 2.6.13.
>
> 1. Provides interface to insert probes when pages are in memory.
> 2. Adds a feature to insert probes on pages not present in the memory.

in the case where you probe a userland app, and its swapped out, then
memory pressure gets worse, and the code segment is discarded, thus
will be reloaded from disk next time. do you have a hook to tell the
monitoring software than they are no longer being probed? or do you
have a machanism that protects a block with probes in it from being
discarded?

James Dickens