Re: thoughts [re LTT]

I agree that both projects are made for different purposes.

* Frank Ch. Eigler (fche@redhat.com) wrote:
>  - the computation performed upon those data/events is limited to
>    little besides filtering / printing

The LTTV project proves this argument false. We do have graphical visualisation
of the scheduler's work, listing of events, filtering, all in a modular
pluggable architecture, so people can add their own "views" of the data
(eventually add event rate view, per cpu kernel state view, memory allocator
view, block subsystem view, and so on)

> I suspect we can get the best of both worlds over time.

I hope so. It would be interesting to see where the projects could use each
other parts so the work is not duplicated.

Mathieu

OpenPGP public key:              http://krystal.dyndns.org:8080/key/compudj.gpg
Key fingerprint:     8CD5 52C3 8E3C 4140 715F  BA06 3F25 A8FE 3BAE 9A68