Re: probes that access userspace

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

[...] If this is not possible, I think it would be useful to
enhance the language such that a probe script could explicitly
notify the translator of a user space pointer access [...]

Perhaps.  Other than the system call interfaces, is this difficulty
likely to arise often elsewhere?

[...] For user-level probes, there is no ambiguity: every
pointer dereference is in user space.

Being that for user-level probes, every pointer dereference is in user space, I believe
it is certain that this difficulty will arise elsewhere.

--
Kevin Stafford
DES 2 | MS 2M3