Re: elfutils issues when building systemtap rpm from snapshot onrawhide

Ulrich Drepper wrote:
William Cohen wrote:

When attempting to build a systemtap rpm with elfutils-0.116 and a snapshot of the systemtap I ran across a problem on i386 rawhide.

You shouldn't see any of this since the Makefiles should make sure the code is compiled with -Wno-format. Apparently it doesn't for you which means something is fishy with your make. I run rawhide and have no problem.

Uli, you have been able to build the a snapshot of the systemtap with the elfutils-0.116 bundled on a rawhide machine? Maybe something is different between our rawhide systems.

The first printf problem is testament to that since otherwise this would have been noticed. I've checked in a patch for that. The %a code is correct and is the reason why -Wno-format is used.

Shouldn't the first printf problem been noticed before on an elfutil rpmbuild? It was built straight from the test srpm.

It looks like the systemtap rpmbuild is passing in -Wall for the build of elfutil, but the elfutil rpmbuild isn't.

When I manually removed "-Wall" from build-elfutils/tests/Makefile the compiler succeeds building line2addr.o.

-Will

Again, youhave to look for the problem on your side, use make's debugging capabilities if needed.