Re: double fault -> PAGE_KERNEL flagged memory

Hi -

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 04:17:42PM -0600, Tom Zanussi wrote:

> [...] It sounds like it might be one of those cases where you only
> allow a tapset to instrument a certain area, in this case a page
> fault tapset to instrument the page fault path.

Enforcing this would be tricky as long as dwarf probes are generally
accessible.  Maybe we should more seriously look at kmalloc.  At least
memory allocation is an initialization-time-only step that can fail
cleanly.

> I can't remember, how is the possibility of a printk() in a
> problematic function currently handled in systemtap?

By eliminating printk() calls from the runtime/tapsets etc. :-)