Re: SystemTAP translator test coverage

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
wcohen wrote:

[...]
http://people.redhat.com/wcohen/stap_coverage/src/index.html

Thanks for posting the pretty pictures!

There are sections of buildrun.cxx that are not run because the
output of the translator was not actually compiled as a module or
installed in the kernel. The translator tests do not exercise the
tapsets.cxx code either.

That's odd - the transok/buildok tests should exercise the tapsets.cxx
code.

Ah, this was on my laptop which doesn't have a matching debuginfo for the kernel that is running on it. The results looked a bit better on my p6 machine that had a debuginfo matching the kernel.

I have placed the revised results from today's checkout "make gcov" on a FC4 pentium M machine at:

http://people.redhat.com/wcohen/stap_coverage/

Looking at parse.cxx and translate.cxx there are a number of cases
where there are untested error messages [...]

I guess the small step is for some volunteers to modify (or write new)
test cases that force those error cases.  The next bigger step is to
do the same for the other significant chunks of untested code.

- FChE

-Will