From: Keshavamurthy Anil S [mailto:anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:11 PM
To: Systemtap
Cc: Keshavamurthy, Anil S
Subject: Kprobes might be stealing int3

Hi,
	I tried running the below program on both
x86_64 and i386 and on both architecture,
if the kernel is compiled with CONFIG_KPROBES,
my below application segmentation faults.

On kernel where CONFIG_KPROBES set to N, the
same test program passes.

Here goes the test program...
-------------------------
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <signal.h>

void my_trap(int sig)
{
 printf("Test passed, all OK\n");
 exit(0);
}

int main()
{
 signal(SIGTRAP, my_trap);
 asm volatile (".byte 0xcd,3");
 printf("Stolen interrupt, very bad!\n");
}