Re: Debian: kernel-debuginfo?

"Mark K. Gardner" <mkg@lanl.gov> writes:

> [...]  It appears that my problem is not having kernel-debuginfo RPM
> installed as discussed in the directions. [...]

The Red Hat -debuginfo RPMs contain a piece of the RPM build tree, in
the form of most or all sources, and special ELF files with the DWARF
debugging info that is stripped from the main RPM binaries.

If debian does not strip the DWARF stuff from kernel object files, and
keeps around vmlinux (not the compressed/stripped vmlinuz), you may
have everything you need for systemtap to work.