systemtap minutes 20060427 kprobes portion

Attendees
IBM - Ananth, Prasanna, Hien , Henry, Ryan, Jeff
Hitachi - Satoshi

User space probes -
Prasanna will post patches again next week, this time with the clear description and usages.

Fault handling -
Regarding setjmp and longjmp handlers, kgdb folks has this code sit on mm tree. We need to work with kgdb folks on how to add this code to the main line.

Helps Andrew -
People have a better description and mention the level of seriousness for the patch. We need have a clean up patche to fix all the coding styles.

Kprobes-booter -
Hitichi folks should test this patch on other architectures to make the it does not break the build and the common code.

kretprobe (null out unsued handlers) patch is in RHEL4 U4.