Re: get the mapping of <key, syscallname>

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 10:04 +0800, Li Guanglei wrote:
> Hi,
>   One of my tapsets will log the syscall name got from
> CONTEXT->probe_point. But string printing is costly so I want to log
> the key of syscall name, and later the post-processing app in user
> space will figure out the syscall name represented by corresponding keys.

string printing is more expensive than it should be because the
translator emits unoptimized code that copies them too often. That will
probably be fixed in the future. Still, I wouldn't call it "costly".
Writing a binary key instead will save you little for what may be a
temporary advantage. I advise waiting on this.

Martin